- This event has passed.
Youth Mental Health First Aid
June 26, 2019 @ 9:00 am - June 27, 2019 @ 4:30 pm$242
About 1 in 4 young Australians experience a common mental illness each year.
Evaluations consistently show that MHFA training is associated with improved knowledge of mental illnesses, their treatments and appropriate first aid strategies, and confidence in providing first aid to individuals with mental illness. It is also associated with decreased stigma and an increase in help provided.
Youth Mental Health First Aid (MHFA) training will teach you practical skills to support an adolescent with a mental health problem.
Learn practical first aid skills.
- Recognise common mental health problems in young people
- Provide initial help using a practical, evidence-based Action Plan
- Seek appropriate professional help, and
- Respond in a crisis situation
This is a 14-hour educational course, delivered over two (2) days. It is not a therapy or support group.
Participants who complete an online assessment after the course will become Accredited Mental Health First Aiders.
DAY 1 – SESSION 1
Day 1 – SESSION 2
Day 2 – SESSION 3
Day 2 – SESSION 4
- Improve knowledge of mental illnesses, treatments and first aid actions.
- Increases confidence in providing first aid.
- Decreases stigmatising attitudes.
- Increases the support provided to others.
AITSL standard addressed by this course:
1.1.3: Highly Accomplished Standard – Physical, social and intellectual development and characteristics of students
4.4.3: Highly Accomplished Standard – Maintain student safety
Click here to register for this course.