- This event has passed.
Embedding design technologies across the curriculum (Yrs 6 – 8)
March 21, 2017 @ 4:30 pm - 6:00 pm$22
A twilight workshop to help teachers align lesson plans with the Australian Curriculum whilst addressing the design and ICT requirements in a school appropriate context.
The “Embedding design technologies across the curriculum” program is designed to support teachers as they seek to bring about pedagogical change and impact student learning in a positive and engaging way. Teachers will develop the confidence to use design technology to engage students in STEAM topics and achieve real learning outcomes across a broad spectrum of learning areas.
The program gives teachers effective teaching strategies that will allow them use design technology and ICT to impact the learning outcomes.
Who should attend?
This session is targeted at primary and middle years teachers who are seeking learn more about embedding design technologies into lessons while providing real, curriculum-aligned learning outcomes.
Learning Goals (may vary according to year levels):
- make abstract concepts tangible – e.g. visualizing 3-dimensional geometric objects and modelling chemical molecules
- develop spatial intelligence – mentally generating, rotating, and transforming objects in 3 dimensions
- develop broad cross-curricular applications
- enable authentic exploration of objects not readily available to schools – e.g. ancient structures and fossils
- stimulate students’ imagination, creativity, and independent thinking, providing many opportunities for self-directed projects and truly
AiTSL standards addressed in this workshop:
- 2.6.2 Proficient Standard – Information and Communication Technology (ICT)
- 4.5.2 Proficient Standard – Use ICT safely, responsibly and ethically
- 6.2.3 Highly Accomplished Standard – Engage in professional learning and improve practice
Click here to download a brochure for this event.
Click here for booking information