- This event has passed.
Critical, Creative and Collaborative Thinking
November 3, 2017 @ 9:30 am - 3:00 pm| $268
A one-day program designed to help teachers and school leaders develop a culture of critical thinking and engagement with ethical issues within their schools.
No matter what profession our students go into their skills in critical thinking, collaboration and creativity are vitally important. Recent research provides educators with proof that these skills are substantially improved where students participate in a short weekly period of philosophical communities of inquiry. When this is done more often the impact on student learning can be profound and extensive.
Who should attend?
The seminar will be particularly useful for teachers of English, Civics and Citizenship, Theory of Knowledge, Personal Development, Philosophy and Ethics, Gifted and Talented, Curriculum coordinators, Chaplains, Religious Education teachers, Principals, Deputy Principals and anyone else interested in teaching higher order thinking skills.
- Develop strategies to improve students’ critical thinking skills in both the classroom and co-curricular programs
- Understand how to develop a climate where collaborative thinking is celebrated and fostered
- Understand the concept of a Philosothon and how schools can get involved
- Explore ways to provide opportunities for students to engage with other students around the world about important ethical issues
- Develop strategies to help your school become a philosophical community of inquiry
- Gain access to interactive and dynamic resources that can be used in the class-room and shared with colleagues
AiTSL standards addressed in this workshop:
- 1.1.4 Lead Standard – Physical, social and intellectual development and characteristics of students
- 3.6.3 Highly Accomplished Standard – Evaluate and improve teaching programs
- 6.2.3 Highly Accomplished Standard – Engage in professional learning and improve practice
- 6.3.3 Highly Accomplished Standard – Engage with colleagues and improve practice
Click here to learn more and register for this event
Click here to download a flyer for this event