- This event has passed.
Agile Change Leadership – SOLD OUT
February 28, 2017 @ 9:00 am - March 1, 2017 @ 4:00 pm$660.00
A 2-day program designed to build the capabilities needed to lead high-impact change in your school.
This program equips school leaders, aspiring leaders and lead teachers with the strategies and tools to drive the sustainable changes in teaching practice that can positively impact student learning. It will ensure your team become agile leaders of learning with the understanding and skills to successfully support teachers to continually improve their practice.
The program is targeted at senior leaders of teaching and learning and their teams who are seeking to deepen and accelerate change and build a culture of continuous improvement in their schools.
Educational leaders are expected to improve outcomes under conditions of increasing change and uncertainty. At the same time, they often face substantial resistance from staff and systems that are slow to adapt to new approaches. Agile leadership is a dynamic approach to leading change that will enable leaders to create impact despite the increased complexity and ambiguity that they face in their roles. Anchored in organisational change and behavioural science research, this two-day masterclass provides a clear framework to enable any leader to take action. Leaders will learn practical strategies and repeatable processes that they can use to focus their efforts, solve emerging challenges, and create impact in their unique educational context.
Who should attend?
Principals, executive teams, lead teachers and any one in a school or system leadership role. To maximise impact and deepen learning we encourage educators to attend as school teams.
• Understand the drivers of the growing complexity faced by school leaders
• Analyse why default approaches to leading educational change so often fail to improve learning
• Examine the underlying causes of resistance which slow down and derail change
• Understand and embrace an agile mindset focused on enabling your organisation to become ‘better all the time’
• Explore and build confidence in applying Impact Cycles to lead your change work
• Develop strategies to be able to flourish as a leader in times of change and situations of high uncertainty.
• Develop a plan to lead effective change in your school or system
Learning Areas: Teaching and Learning, Leadership
AiTSL standards addressed in this workshop:
1.1.4 Lead Standard – Physical, social and intellectual development and characteristics of students
3.6.3 Highly Accomplished Standard – Evaluate and improve teaching programs
6.2.3 Highly Accomplished Standard – Engage in professional learning and improve practice
6.3.3 Highly Accomplished Standard – Engage with colleagues and improve practice
This event has SOLD OUT